Brigadeiros are Brazilian candies that owe their melt-in-your-mouth texture to sweetened condensed milk, cooked down until it's thick and fudge-like.- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. finely ground pistachios
- 2 tsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
Put the condensed milk, cream, 6 Tbs. ground pistachios, corn syrup, and butter in a 3-quart heavy-duty saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn the heat to medium low, and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 12 minutes. . Let the mixture cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until very firm, 3 to 4 hours. Put the remaining 1/4 cup ground pistachios in a bowl. Scoop the mixture into balls. Drop each ball into the pistachios as you finish rolling it to make a crust!
Why include pistachios to your diet?
- they contain large quantities of antioxidants
- vitamin B6, vitamin E, manganese and magnesium
- rich source of fiber
- one of the best sources of protein
- have fewer calories and fat than other nuts contain plant sterols more than any other dry fruit